Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pen Pals

I have been able to have to opportunity to write to some pen pals, I have made many friends and I have learned so much about different cultures and religions and the way people live in different countries. I have such interest in meeting new people, and learning about their lives and interests and becoming friends with them. 
There is also another kind of pen pals I have been writing to some prison inmates, and at first I was apprehensive about it, but as I was researching it more, I decided that it would be a chance for me to really make a difference in their lives. They are still human beings, what more they are also son's and daughter's of God, and they need contact with others. Most of them are ignored and neglected and basically dont exist in the view of those of us in the world outside the prison bars. But they are people and they have rights and feelings just as we do. Yes they have committed crimes, but they are real people just like us, and they deserve to be uplifted in a place that is negative and dark and cold. They are in their cells 23 hours a day, and if that was me I would want to hear from someone where my heart could be lifted up, and my spirit could rejoice that a person took the time to write to me. I think its noble and right to be able to help those, no matter what they have done. A letter written to them can mean the world to them. I am ever so grateful for this opportunity to make a real difference in someone else's lives. God Bless Us All

1 comment:

Dr Nice said...

I have a friend who falls under this category. Since going to prison he has been abandoned by virtually everyone he knew. He is bright and trying hard to get his life on track so he can live a productive life when he get's out. He would love to hear from anyone. I have set up a page describing him and how to contact him at https://sites.google.com/site/kingdomofintelligence/
I have ordered a BOM and Bible for him and have been working with him from a missionary standpoint for many years. Having another member take interest in his welfare could be a deciding factor in the level of seriousness with which he considers the gospel.